How well do you know the Adelaide Shores Precinct?
You may not certain parts of Adelaide Shores Precinct, like the Caravan Park, but did you know that the West Beach Reserve has been in operation since 1954. There are MANY more milestones here at Adelaide Shores, but here are a few facts you may or may not know about our wonderful Adelaide Shores.
- Our precinct is a whopping 135 hectares in total!
- Adelaide Shores Caravan Park first opened in 1958 as West Beach Caravan Park.
- West Beach Caravan Park joined BIG4 in 1989.
- Adelaide Shores Resort was formerly called “Marine Land Holiday Village” back in the days of Marineland at West Beach, which was home to dolphins and of course, Mr Percival the pelican until it closed in 1988.
- The Precicnt was renamed ‘Adelaide Shores’ in 2001.
- Over 750,000 people visit Adelaide Shores each year for holidays, events, leisure and sport.
- The precinct is set on 1.2 kilometres of coastline.
- Adelaide Shores is home to SA’s only FIFA 2 star rated synthetic football pitch.
- In 2015 Adelaide Shores will become home to Australia’s first aerial adventure park!
- Adelaide Shores is home to 2 public golf courses
- The Diamond Sports Facility was opened in 2014.
- The Adelaide Shores Resort and BIG4 Adelaide Shores Caravan Park have won a combined 23 SA Tourism Awards