Protect your home these Christmas Holidays
The last thing you want to happen while you’re away on holidays is for your house to get broken into, or damaged by fire. You can’t 100% ensure your property will be safe, but taking these quick tips can help prevent it.
- Ask a friend or neighbour to collect your mail – having papers and letters in your letter box for an extended period of time is a sure tail sign to thieves that there isn’t anyone home.
- Inform your neighbour that you are going away, give them your contact details and ask them to call 000 if they see anything suspicious.
- Get a friend to house sit if they are willing Set your lights and TV on a timer so that they turn on for a few hours each night.
- Close all internal doors to help prevent the spread of fire.
- Unplug all electrical appliances from the wall Ensure all valuables are locked away out of sight.
- Remove all spare keys from outside the house
- Double check all windows and doors are locked
- Don’t leave large Christmas present boxes outside. Its a sure way to let everyone know there is a brand new TV inside.
- Direct your home phone to mobiles
- And finally, be careful on Social Media, never announce how long you are away for, you never know who is reading.