How to keep kids entertained on the road
Is there anything better than packing up and heading off on a well earned family holiday?
Each kid may be different, but below we have suggested some ideas to put the fights, irritability and the dreaded “are we there yet?” at bay.
- Invest in portable DVD players. It keeps them entertained for hours on the road, and also a lifesaver for the rainy afternoons cooped up inside.
- Remember Spotto? Make up a bingo card, but instead of numbers in the squares, list things for them to look for on the way. First to complete their card calls “Spotto” and wins.
- Include kids in the planning of the journey. Older kids can ‘help’ plot the stops along the way, and the younger ones can help pack the van, select their toys for the car etc.
- Electronic games (their Christmas/Birthday present could save your sanity)
- Take toys in the car
- Always have snacks
- Colouring in or activity books
We are sure there are many more! Let us know
Image from: blog.mercuryinsurance.com